Sunday, July 6, 2008

So this is a Blog...

Or so I have been told. Will I continue to post here and keep the few people who may read this updated? Who is to say? I surely don't know. But for better or for worse, it is here. I am here. And these are my words of wisdom, or nonsense rather.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

I chose the first line of Lewis Carroll's classic nonsense poem, Jabberwocky as the name of my blog. I suppose you could say it reflects the way my mind has been working.

My name is Miranda. I have had a number of nicknames over the years; "Mandy" from I was old enough to know what my names was until I reached public elementary school at age 6. For some reason I decided I had outgrown the nickname. Sometime around the start of my hellish middle school years I adopted the nickname of "Randi." A couple of my friends who knew me in middle and high school still call me that. A few years ago I got hooked on the insanely popular MMORPG The World of Warcraft. The friends I made this last year and a half from gaming have given me the new nickname "Mira," which has stuck quiet well.

I promise more will come. Having started typing, I have come to realize that there is a lot I can say. If only to myself.

No comments: