Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Survey for a Friend

Well I haven't posted anything here for a while, so this is long overdue. And I apologize to anyone reading this who I already spammed with an email!

A good friend of mine who I have know for about 14 years is working on a grad school project. I am asking on her behalf, to have as many people as possible fill out this survey and to get it back to her ASAP! her original deadline was August 31st, but the more information she can get, even after that deadline, would be extremely helpful.

I should have probably posted this a month ago... Oops. Anyway, please send the completed survey directly to her, thank in advance! And I promise I will actually post something from me soon. *hugs to everyone*



__________________________________________________________________


Religion and Belief Survey

I’m working on a curriculum for Unitarian Universalist Youth Groups which explores the beliefs of a variety of religions, trying to help give the youth a better understanding, and respect, of the beliefs held by practitioners of different faiths.
In order to do this effectively, I need some help from folks of different faiths. I have a session in the curriculum that looks at the variety of beliefs held by people who might be categorized as belonging to the same religion. So, I’m looking for the answers to a couple of questions. Depending on responses, I might be using some of the information gathered in this survey for other sections of the curriculum as well.
I’m looking for what you believe in these topics; please answer as best you can!
Also, please feel free to give copies of this survey to friends and family who might be interested in sharing their responses. I am looking for a wide diversity of responses and welcome the help of spreading out the survey to a wider audience!

The answers to these questions can be e-mailed to me at: acg@marlboro.edu (Please put “Religion Survey” in the subject line!), or mailed to me at 272 State Street, Apt 4. Portland ME, 04101.
I’d like to receive completed surveys by August 31st. Thanks!

Name:

Can I use your first name in the curriculum?
Yes, No

(If not, do you have a preference for a particular fake name? )

Age:

Gender:

Hometown:

Current place of residence:

E-mail: (This is the best way for me to be able to get in touch with you if I have more questions and so I can send you a copy of the section I use your answers in):


What general faith grouping would you consider yourself a part of?

Buddhist, Christian Islamic, Jewish, Pagan, Hindu,

Other:_____________________


More specifically, which of the following belief categories do you consider yourself to belong to? (Circle all that you feel apply)

Agnostic, Anglican, Assemblies of God, Atheist, Baha’i,

Baptist, Buddhist, Catholic, Christian Science, Church of Christ,

Church of Nazarene, Confucianism, Congregational Church,

Eastern Orthodox, Foursquare, Hindu, Islamic, Jehovah’s Witness,

Jewish, Latter-day Saint, Lutheran, Mennonite, Methodist,

Mormon, Pagan, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Protestant,

Quaker, Scientology, Seventh Day Adventist, Shinto, Sikh,

Taoist, Unitarian Universalist, United Church of Christ,

Other:_____________________________



Is there anything else that you’d like to note as to your religion “categorization”?





For the sake of this curriculum, I’m looking at getting some general comments in regard to beliefs. Please take the time to answer these questions as best you can, and if you are uncertain as to your beliefs in response to a question, please say so.



What beliefs do you hold in regard to a higher power/being?






What happens after we die?





Do those who don’t hold the same beliefs of you have a different fate after death?







Are there any religious customs that you follow (dress, diet, etc.)







Do you follow the teachings of particular prophet/philosopher/person?






What texts do you hold as having great meaning within your faith?






Please read through and complete the release on the next page -


Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions.


Allison Gammons

acg@marlboro.edu
272 State Street Apt 4.
Portland ME, 04101



I, ___________________________ give Allison Gammons permission to use my responses to the “Religion and Belief Survey” in her curriculum “Challenging Faiths.” I understand that I will be given the opportunity to review what pieces of my responses will be used, and look at the final product before publication or circulation.


Signed________________________________

Date___________________

1 comment:

Trina G. said...

how goes the job search? I got laid off last month...searching searching....it's rough out there...not much of anything. Hope you are doing well and feeling better.